Are You Ready For Executive Coaching?
To help you assess whether Executive Coaching services from Mulkern Associates would significantly increase your effectiveness and sense of fulfillment in the job, the following questions have been composed based upon real-life issues we have helped CEOs, Presidents, Board Members, other C-suite executives and entrepreneurs to successfully manage or resolve.
The first question requires a “yes” for you to qualify. A “yes” to two or more of the others is a strong indicator that you can significantly improve your game with a personalized Executive Coaching plan from Tony Mulkern.
- Are you a business owner, board member, or executive with high-level responsibilities?
- Are you disappointed with the results you are getting from your team?
- Does it worry you that communications have broken down—over never been well-established—between you and other key players?
- Has the job become less fun, more frustrating, and do you want to regain the energy and momentum you once had?
- Do you find that members of the management or executive team seem to be in too much conflict with each other to the point that this is becoming very aggravating?
- Does there seem to be some difficult to identify obstacle which is thwarting your efforts to move ahead?
- Is there a member of your team whom it would be hard to do without yet is hard to put up with, leaving you conflicted as to what to do next?
- As the business grows, does it seem to be more problematic and puzzling how to attract and retain top-notch talent who will stick with the team?
- Have you received feedback that needs to be addressed if your boss is to consider you for advancement but which leaves you confused as to how to best handle it?
- Have you too often had the experience of hiring expensive managerial or executive talent only to be deeply disillusioned a short time into the person’s tenure?
- Do you sometimes feel stymied by or completely at a loss over the sheer volume or complexity of “people problems” you are faced with on a regular basis?
Most of these issues do not merely go away or get better on their own. If neglected, they usually get worse, decrease productivity and/or quality, increase risks to the business, and can call into question your leadership.
Additionally, a study of our clients over the years indicates that a strong candidate for Executive Coaching will typically exhibit most of the following characteristics:
- Ambition for higher level of business and executive success
- Understands the value of self-development and of working on the business, as a complement to working in the business
- Finds self-development and business planning to be fulfilling and stimulating
- Does not pretend to have all the solutions and feels no shame about this
- Willing to deal with limiting beliefs that may be obstacles to success
- Can identify and manage emotions of disappointment, confusion or discouragement and seeks ways to deal effectively with them
- Very open to feedback that can contribute to success
- Willing to take action on valid feedback as a way to achieve objectives
- Feels energized and focused as a result of discussing critical issues in confidence with a trusted advisor.
If you think you might be benefit from Executive Coaching, we would be glad to have a confidential, exploratory discussion with you. Call 818.249.0147.